Romans 12:9-12

"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Forgotten God.

So I am reading the Book Forgotten God by Francis Chan right now. I am loving this book! Its all about the Holy Spirit- so eye opening! I read it once already but I am going back through it again! I read this today and I just wanted to share cause I love how its worded. Just some words for thought! Enjoy!



"How many times have you heard someone say, 'I just wish I knew God's will for my life?' I know I've longed for this before. But now I see it as a misguided way of thinking and talking. There are very few people in the Scriptures who received their life plan from God in advance (or even their five-year plan, for that matter!). Consider, Abraham, who was told to pack up his family and all his possessions and start walking. He didn't know where he was going. He didn't know if he would ever be back. He didn't know any of the details we consider (e.g., his destination, how long the venture would take, what costs/rewards would be, whether h'ed receive a 401(k) or health insurance). God said to go and he went, and thats pretty much all he knew. I think a lot of us need to forget about Gods will for my life. God cares more about our response to His Spirits leading today, in this moment, than about what we intend to do next year. In fact, the decisions we make next year will be profoundly affected by the degree to which we submit to the Spirit right now, in today's decision. It is easy to use the phrase 'Gods will for my life' as an excuse for inaction or even disobedience. Its much less demanding to think about God's will for your future than it is to ask Him what He wants you to do in the next 10 minutes. Its safer to commit to following someday instead of this day.... To say that we are not called to figure out 'Gods will for my life?' does not mean God doesn't have purposes and plans for each of our lives of that He doesn't care what we do with our lives. He does. In both the Old and New Testaments He tells us that this true. The key is that He never promises to reveal these purposes all at once, in advance."

Just wanted to share... Have a great day!

0 comments: